We Demand TIAA stop investing in activities that cause climate destruction!
TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association) offers educators, arts workers, scholars and others financial security at retirement. But they do it through investing in companies fueling environmental destruction.
In a time where renewable green energy solutions are getting cheaper and more efficient, this is unacceptable. It’s up to you to demand that TIAA divest from fossil fuels and implement a no deforestation investment policy.
Campus Resolutions Calling On TIAA to Divest from Climate Destruction
TIAA-Divest works to empower educators, staff and students to organize and demand that TIAA stop financing fossil fuel extraction and infrastructure, deforestation and land grabs.
The following institutions have passed resolutions demanding that retirement savings not be used to finance these unethical and irresponsible activities:
- Cornell University
- SUNY University Statewide Faculty Senate
- SUNY New Paltz
- SUNY Stony Brook
- SUNY Geneseo
- SUNY Cortland
- United University Professions (UUP)
- PSC-CUNY (City University of New York’s faculty and staff union)
TIAA’s devastating impact on climate
Resolutions Demanding TIAA Divestment To Date:
- Sign our Divest petition to TIAA’s CEO
- Encourage environmental, social justice and climate activist groups to sign on to our campaign
- Amplify our message! Link to this page and let the social media world know about TIAA’s deceptive practices.
Special Section for Educators, Researchers and Staff.
If you have questions, or would like to join our effort, get in touch